09 December 2013

Winter in Brasov

We got some fresh snow in Brasov over the weekend.  Not yet enough for proper skiing, but a little snow on the trails makes them perfect for running! In my opinion, the best surface for running is packed snow with a thin layer of fresh snow on top of it. This is exactly how it was this weekend and I enjoyed a lot my running sessions.
Here is a couple of photos taken yesterday morning in the forest. My daughter enjoyed the snow a lot!

I returned on the hills in the afternoon for a running session. I tested my new Salomon Snowcross shoes. I quite like them! I had very good traction and control in these spiked winter shoes. Running downhill on the snowy trails was a delight! The snow was not quite deep enough to fully test the integrated gaiters of the shoes, but in any case, my feet remained dry for the entire run.

Together with the snow cover, Brasov also got the festive look, as the Christmas lights were turned on on Friday evening. Here are a few photos from the old city center. The complete album can be found here.

Brasov. On George Baritiu Street
The impressive Christmas tree in Sfatului Square, in the heart of the old Brasov
Brasov, Republicii Street
Brasov. The City Hall
Brasov. The stairs to Cetatuia (Fortress) Hill
Brasov. View from Cetatuia (Fortress) Hill
Brasov. The old City seen from Cetatuia (Fortress) Hill
Brasov. Behind the old city walls


No comments:

Post a Comment